Operating a motorcycle in Phoenix, AZ is different than driving a car. It’s important to understand motorcycle safety tips to make sure your ride is safe. Below are a few tips from Bailey Insurance LTD:
- Always Wear a Helmet and the Appropriate Gear: Wearing a helmet is the easiest way to protect against any head injuries. You also want to wear protective clothing and gear that can minimize the injuries caused by a skid or accident. Consider reflective tape for clothing to make it easier for drivers to see you.
- Follow the Traffic Rules: Obey the speed limit and remember the faster you go, the longer it takes for you to stop.
- Ride Defensively: Drivers may not see you, and about two-thirds of bike accidents are caused by a driver infringing on the rider’s right of way. Ride with your headlights on, stay out of blind spots, and signal in advance.
- Keep Your Riding Skills Honed: Complete formal riding education programs and take riding courses to develop techniques that can sharpen street riding strategies. Check with your agent at Bailey Insurance LTD to see if you are able to get a discount by taking these types of classes.
- Ride Sober and Awake: Don’t drink and drive, which not only causes harm to yourself in Phoenix, AZ but also others. Drowsiness and fatigue can also impair the ability to react, so make sure you are well-rested.
- Prepare to Ride: Make sure that your motorcycle is fit for the road. If something goes wrong with your bike, it’s in your best interest to figure it out before getting on the road. Check the tires, under the motorcycle, turn signals, and taillights to make sure everything is in working order.
- Watch for Road Hazards: Since a motorcycle has more contact with the pavement than a car, it’s important to look out for sand, pebbles, or wet leaves that can cause you to slide unexpectedly.
Contact Bailey Insurance LTD to get a quote on motorcycle insurance.